Sunday, June 1, 2008

Shop Update, Ect...

Gosh it's been a while! I've been so busy...so many changes, but I won't go into any of that right now! I'll be back blogging on a regular basis soon as I sort through some of the chaos I'm currently experiencing. I've added a couple of really cool items to my Etsy shop. Check out this amazing Antique Mandragora (aka Mandrake) Apothecary Jar! A must have for any Witchy Woman, Herbalist, or collector of strange medical antiques!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've also added the second Witchy Taxidermy Raven Claw necklace. The last one I posted sold immediatly so don't sleep on it. I will only have one more after this. Taxidermy raven claws don't grow on trees ya know!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The girl who bought the first claw asked about it's origin after she received it and wrote "the raven claw is simply breathtaking (tell me, do you know if it came from a raven or a crow? where did the specimen come from?)" So if any of you are curious too I wrote "The claw was found here in my local Humboldt Park, Chicago (207 acre urban sanctuary) home to many wonderful creatures. I found two different specimens actually...one looked as if had been eaten mostly, the raccoons I'm guessing. And the other, quite flattened. I'm gross and salvaged what I could...always looking for a good skull! I'm not sure if they are from Raven or Crow for sure...but I beleive it is from the common raven due to it's size, a very large bird!" So there you have it! Have a lovely week everyone! xo Lavona

4 comments:

Rachel Green said...

Darn!
Tried very hard to buy it but I'm in the UK and wasn't allowed to.

Rachel Green said...

Greetings, Good Lady.

I would indeed still like to purchase if you could make it available to the UK. I expected an increased postal charge. My thanks.

I'm glad you liked the blog :)

Anonymous said...

Both fascinating! That claw is incredible!! great way to put it together... Just magic, really!

JUNKER JANE said...

oh my god, this is wonderful!