Friday, August 21, 2009

Have you seen the new video by The Horrors!? This track really reminds me of My Bloody Valentine...can you hear it? "Primary Colours" is one of my favorite albums this summer! I really can't get enough of these guys, they just keep getting better! They obviously have some great musical influences. Their older stuff reminds me of old garage rock/trash punk like the Cynics, the Cramps and the Gun Club...and bits of old New Wave bands like the Cure and Joy Division. Lately you can hear psychedelic and prog rock influences like the 13th Floor Elevators and CAN. Clever fellas!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hi, just wanted to say thank you for the Horrors recommendation! I've been so out of things musically lately, and this was just what I needed. So good! Its like some of my favorite bands all mashed up and made into something new and interesting.

Lady Lavona said...

your welcome! xo Lavona

Uncommon Objects Blog said...

You know I looooove the Horrors honey, so thanks for this!!