Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Into the Menstrual Night I Go





Last nights blood divinations, inspired by the Victorian parlor game Blotto and the Rorschach inkblot test. A psychological test in which subjects' perceptions of inkblots are recorded and then analyzed using psychological interpretation. Some psychologists use this test to examine a person's personality characteristics and emotional functioning. It has been employed to detect underlying thought disorder, especially in cases where patients are reluctant to describe their thinking processes openly. The test is named after its creator, Swiss psychologist Hermann Rorschach.

See also: The Surrealist parlour game, "The Exquisite corpse"

2 comments:

LC Douglass said...

That's ... quite a title - and fitting. Best way to explain the experience to men who don't understand it would be to look at these images.

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that title! And I swear I've seen that before! Ick! Yeah, I said it! LOL My ex-husband, who is a behavioral analyst purchased a vintage set of Rorschach color ink blots many years ago! Oh how I would love to have them! They make awesome framed art!