Monday, February 11, 2008

Victorian Dollhouses

I've been looking for a project for me and my daughter to work on together. After I saw these amazing doll house minatures I've been thinking about making a dollhouse. A project like this can take years. I figure it will be finished by the time she's a teenager! Remember the big Victorian house in Practical Magic? I've watched that move 101 times...at least! You can view the set design room by room here.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I would decorate it quite differently of course. But the general structure, layout, woodwork, and fixtures are great. I don't want to build the actual house from scratch...I'm not that crazy! I wouldn't mind painting it though. But I'd like to buy a premade one...so I can focus on all the little details! Like Victorian flocked wallpaper, yay! Look at this witchy Apothecary cabinet! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't know where to start... So if any of you crafty ladies out there have any links, please let me know! xo Lavona

No comments: