Saturday, August 30, 2008

Growing and Learning!

I FINALLY started taking my pottery class! Since I have a bit of experience, I was allowed to skip the first 4 weeks of hand building! I knew exactly what I wanted to make for my first project...Tea Bowls! I made a variety of sizes to start off with. I need to feel them out with my own hands...make sure they feel quite comfortable while sipping tea. Tea Time is a sacred thing after all! The clay we use is a white clay. I want to see what the clay looks like after firing, so I just used a clear glaze. I'm hoping for a raw earthy feel...but clean and modern at the same time. We'll see how they turn out!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

3 comments:

littlerobot said...

How exciting! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

Prairie Gothic said...

I can't wait to see your finished products, I know they will be interesting and amazing, like your blog. I love seeing what you've come up with for us.

Leila Marvel said...

I really wish I had time to take a class like that, even letterpress or metal work. Glad to see you are making time to grow, can't wait to see what your finished pieces look like.