Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mood Board #1: The Loo

I have a few Home Improvement projects to do, so I've been collecting images. I'm puting a mood board together for each project! I'm going to start with the bathroom, I have the ugliest bathroom ever! The tile is like grey/beige...greige? But I think I'm going to be able to work with that. I'm painting the walls a light grey and the trim a creamy ivory. I think espresso towels will add a nice touch! I have lots of clear glass apothecary jars to fill and natural objects to display. Here are some images that have inspired me...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I snatched this one from flickr...but I can't remember who?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Above and below: Sophie Pretelat's 'Anges et Demons' installation at the Place de la Bastille, Paris...found via Blood Milk

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


A full-size recreation of 17th Century naturalist Olaus Worm’s Wunderkammer by artist Rosamond Purcell

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the objects on the first pictures were yours. I was so jealous!!

Prairie Gothic said...

Those make a beautiful palette! Have a happy holiday.

Vanessa Moore said...

I get lost in all my projects and making mood boards for each of them is such an excellent idea!

peacay said...

Wow, that Purcell cabinet is quite the homage-come-obsession!

I suspect that you'll want to know that the biggest and best image - just recently uploaded - of that Museum Wormianum cabinet on the web is here (click on that pic for a gigantic version).

cconz said...

you have the coolest blog. i can't wait to see what goodies you post next.

Victoria Thorne said...

gorgeous selection of photos...marvelous combination

Ketutar said...

It's from Helle Jorgensen: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellejorgensen/305527986

Go visit her blog too: http://rikrakstudio.blogspot.com/2009/04/collections-with-gooseflesh.html
I think you'll find it very interesting :-)

Ketutar said...

Did I just post it?

Ketutar said...

The photo is by Helle Jorgensen
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hellejorgensen/305527986

Visit her blog too,
http://rikrakstudio.blogspot.com/2009/04/collections-with-gooseflesh.html
I think you'll find it very interesting :-)