Sunday, December 21, 2008

T'was the Darkest Night...

Winter Solstice occurs either December 21 or 22, when the sun shines directly over the tropic of Capricorn. The winter solstice marks the shortest day and the longest, night of the year. Just before the Sun moved into Capricorn...2 years ago, a miracle occured. An omen of better times ahead...a light during the darkest night of my soul. My little golden boy was born, Solomon Louvell! Happy Birthday lil' Sunshine Boy! Thank you for helping me to remember that the Universe is an infinite sea of LOVE!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

While pregnant, I dreamt of Wolves and cold, desolate places. I retreated into my den, gathered my strength and waited for my lil' wolf cub to be born. I vowed to fiercely protect him...against all odds. Wolf offers guidance for those who walk alone. Wolf is the Grand Teacher. Wolf is the Sage, who after many winters upon the sacred path and seeking the ways of wisdom, returns to share the new knowledge with the tribe. Wolf is both the radical and the traditional in the same breath. When Wolf walks by you-- you WILL remember. I named my son Solomon after the Wise Magi, King Solomon. His middle name, Louvell means Little Wolf...

6 comments:

bloodmilk. said...

he's really adorable!
xoxo

tamerajane said...

he is so beautiful. pregnancy dreams are so intense and magical, i've never felt as connected or like the mist had been scrubbed from my eyes. (i had a miscarriage, unfortunately, but look forward to trying again.)

king solomon! i've been doing many temple invocations to him, as father/protector & for internal and external plenty.

Uncommon Objects Blog said...

Oh my!!! What a beautiful boy my dear. He seems so content; with wise eyes. When my sister in law was pregnant, I had very vivid dreams about my niece. Our energy locked on one another, and we're very close. Wish your petit loup a very Happy Birthday from a fellow Winter Child.
xo.
p.s. Your box of goodies arrived!!! Yay!

Anonymous said...

He's gorgeous! That hair!

Prairie Gothic said...

What a beautiful happy baby! Aren't they amazing?

Lady Lavona said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, he is a cutie pie...and sweet so too! Well except when he's having a 'terrible 2 tantrum' heehee! Mama's lil' monster!