Sunday, January 23, 2011

Shop Update Tomorrow!



Love Talismans, love elixir and more! The above talismans are worn to attract love founded in honesty and truth. In Mexican Folk Magick, the Hummingbird aka La Chuparosa ((the rose sucker in Spanish)) is a symbol of love, fertility, sex and marriage. The indigenous veneration of the Hummingbird as a divine love deity, Divina Chuparosa, is widespread throughout the Americas. My favorite story is a Mayan legend says the hummingbird is actually the Sun in disguise, and he is trying to court a beautiful woman, who is the Moon. Below is a prayer to the Divine Hummingbird called "Al Poder de la Chuparosa", The Power of the Hummingbird.

Divine Hummingbird,
Who enriches and glorifies
Everything with your Holy Power,
I ask that you enrich my life and love
With your Divine Intercession
So that my lover
Will want only me.
In the same way that you extract honey from flowers,
Extract all misfortune and bad luck
From my life;
I pray you will not forget me,
So that my lover and I may share a relationship
That is honest and true

No comments: