Sunday, September 28, 2008

Audrey Kawasaki

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Audrey Kawasaki is another incredible artist I found via Wurtzeltod. Most of the girls in her paintings have this sort of discontent expression on their faces. I thought it was especially appropriate here though...as the girl looks over her specimen collection, perhaps dissatisfied that her collection is missing something. If she just had a Mudpuppy fish (see pic below), then maybe her collection would be complete. Not too different from a gal who collects handbags I suppose...hmmm...desire...Buddha says the root of all suffering is desire, I'm just sayin' ;)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the linkage, my dear.

I absolutely love axolotls! They're my favourite animals ever. Weeeeeee!

Donell said...

That mudpuppy is freaking cute!

Lady Lavona said...

I know, this little guy is the cutest! When I was a kid a had Sea Monkeys...remember Sea Monkeys? I thought that they were going to grow up to be cute lil sea creatures...like a mudpuppy! But alas...all I got was brine shrimp!

Amy Short said...

I LOVE this blog entry. You are too funny and let me say there is truth to that saying! :o) Amy

purevile! said...

I LOVE her work!!! She is featured in the new issue of HIGH FRUCTOSE magazine!!!! So dreamy!!!

i wish she would draw some lovley boys though!!! {sigh}

Leila Marvel said...

Ohhh how lovely of an artist, and to top it off I got a little smile from that mudpuppy.

Venetia said...

Awwww. I'm in love with that little mudpuppy fella. Have to get me one.