Sunday, September 21, 2008

Madeline von Foerster

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I haven't checked in with Madeline von Foerster for quite some time (Thanks Suzanne!) I fell in love with her work when I saw her Alchemy series for the first time. Her latest series titled WALDKAMMER (Forest Cabinet), rocks my world! Her current body of work is accompanied by a very insightful and sensitive narrative about Man's destructive relationship with Mother Nature, particularly our current deforestation crisis.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

These works will be unveiled at Strychnin Berlin in November. Please contact Madeline if you’re interested in seeing some selected works that will be in that show: baphomatty@earthlink.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... thanks for the mention, my dear!

Madeline just emailed me saying that she feels a bit uncomfortable about me posting a link to the sneak preview because it was obviously only sent out to mailing list subscribers and is therefore semi-public.

I changed my blog post accordingly with an email link to her instead of a URL to the preview section and I guess it would be great for her if you could edit your post too.

Sorry for this rather dull comment, but I'm über-braindead after a long, long working day.

May I take this opportunity to say that I adore your work (both written here and crafted over on Etsy)?

Love & (fake vegan) monkey brains,

- Suzanne

Lady Lavona said...

Oh Dear! I'll change that right away...Thanks for letting me know! xo Lavona

p.s. I love your blog too! Wurtzeltod is like an essential Vitamin...gotta have it!

Lady Lavona said...

O.K. everything is all good! I recieved a lovely email from Madeline, and she gave me permission to post this!

nefaeria said...

Beautiful! I know they are not really similar, but her work reminds me a little bit of Mark Ryden's 'The Creatrix'.

http://teriko.net/v-web/gallery/albums/ryden/Ryden_Creatrix.jpg

Slàinte!

Laurel