Friday, May 22, 2009

10 New Tattoos by Christopher Conn Askew!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I was reading my friend Chad's blog and he mentioned he wanted to get old-school roses tattooed all over his arms! I love the idea! I immediatly thought of Chris Conn because he uses alot of roses in his artwork. I love his style...he is definitely one of my favorite artists! I was thinking it's too bad Chris retired from tattooing...he worked as a tattoo artist from 1990 until his retirement from the industry in 2006. Since then he has thrown himself into his artistic and illustrative work. His medium is primarily watercolor, ink, graphite, gouache and gold leaf on paper. I went to his website to see what he's been up to lately and guess what!? Chris will be doing 10 new tattoos...no more...no less! He states:

"so, i am hereby announcing that i will do ten tattoos in NYC in August of this year. this definitely IS NOT a return to my previous tattoo career. anyone who foolishly places a bet on this being the beginnings of my return to the skin trade will lose their money. on june first, i will begin to release the 10 gift certificates on ebay. i will release one certificate per day, and each one will be on the auction block for 24 hours. after the bidding is over on one certificate, the next one will be released, until all 10 certificates are sold. each gift certificate is good for one person, on one specific date. if you win a certificate, that date is yours, and you have the entire work day (8 hours) with me. this includes consulting, drawing and tattooing. during this day, you will get my undivided attention, which means i won’t be consulting with other customers, taking phonecalls, etc. i will spend the entire day (minus an hour for lunch) focusing on the work at hand, slowly and patiently, and with a minimum of distraction." Read full details HERE!

5 comments:

Carrie Mae said...

Wonder-full.

Uncommon Objects Blog said...

A.MAZ.ING!!
I remember reading an article on Chris in an old issue of Juxtapoz. His work is wonderful! I would looove to get one of his tickets :)
And thanks for the link love pumpkin.
xo.

Leila Marvel said...

Wow so beautiful, I love the painting of the dove and roses so poetic.

Psychedelicsister said...

His work is amazing! I'm lucky to have had him tattoo my leg 10 years ago, a piece of art I will have forever.

Patrick McNally said...

Wonderful work! Thanks for the tip