Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Maïssa Toulet's Cabinet de Sorcellerie

French artist, Maïssa Toulet created an amazing installation inspired by Witchcraft, Voodoo, and Folk Magick! It's a drastic contrast from her last body of work that I wrote about, Cabinets de Curiositie, which demonstrates a modern surrealist sensibility. Check out all the details of her Cabinet de Sorcellerie, on her website! It's like exploring the inside of a Wood Witch's cabin! Très Magnifique!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

6 comments:

cloudgathererholdmedown said...

im in love

Poe Forward said...

i like this - ill definately check out the website. thanks for posting.

Squirrely Whirls said...

Wow! This is amazing. I love her work...can't wait to head over to her website right now. I just posted about Wunderkammern which I'm completely fascinated by and have an increasingly heavy love affair with. Great post and great blog!

Squirrely Whirls said...

Just checked it out...what an wonderful find! I love how she mixes found object/collage with traditional cabinet of curiosities items. Did I mention I love it?!

Queen Of Småland said...

Oh, I love these art installations. I will definitely check her out.
Thank you for sharing.
xxxxxxx

Mia Araujo said...

love love LOVE!