Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Hobbit House ~ Home Sweet Home #1

Have you ever dreamed of living in your own story book house? Well people are building them all over the world and anything is possible! Eco-Villages are being built everywhere with maximum regard for the environment. This is one of my favorites...it's a Hobbit House! This low impact eco-home took only 4 months to build and cost approx. $6000.00 in materials! Check out this Website for pictures of the interior, building process, and one amazing little family's story! More proof that dreams can come true...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

5 comments:

Morna Crites-Moore said...

How fantastical! A fairy house in the woods! I love it. Thank you for showing this on your blog.

Prairie Gothic said...

I love that little hobbit house and had seen a picture of it before. Thanks for the link with the whole scoop!

Leila Marvel said...

I wish more people knew about this, and were open to changing for themselves and for mother earth, even baby steps like this is inspirational!

Lady Lavona said...

Yes, so true. The guy who built this actually has gone on to help build a whole "Eco Village"! Each one, teach one!

bathtub refinishing manhattan said...

I really like stone houses and i really like it and i wish to build my own stone home for me.