Tuesday, March 18, 2008

DIRTY HANDS!

I can't wait to get my hands dirty! I'm counting down the days until my pottery class begins. Aside from making face jugs... I want to make some serving platters and little catch-all dishes. Nature and Pottery seem to go hand in hand, so I'm going to go with the Nature Theme. Earthy goodness! I have so many ideas, it will be interesting to see what comes out of it. I thought I'd share with you a couple of my favorite Nature Inspired Ceramic Artisians. I love Diana Fayt! Buy her beautiful wares in her Etsy shop!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She handpaints and etches each piece. She documented the process with step by step photos in her blog if you'd like to peep!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I also really love Laura Zindel! Her amazing collection is inspired by Victorian Cabinets of Curiosity! (The art of collecting and displaying your passion.) In her case, her passion is Natural History... bugs, spiders, snakes, and birds! Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Her process is quite different from Diana's. All of her designs were first handrawn, then reproduced by screenprinting them onto each piece. She has an entire collection of serveware available...and I want it all!!!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Prairie Gothic said...

I can't wait to see what you'll make, it's sure to be interesting!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Diana's stuff is stunning. Can't wait to see what you do - I hope you'll post lots of pictures!

diana fayt said...

thank you so much for the shout out lavona!! nice to be here in blog land next to one of my best friends, laura zindel!

secretleaves said...

Just wanted to drop in and say I love your blog. I have found so many things here that blow my skirt up. I'll check back often.

Sharon