Monday, December 29, 2008

Mad Tea Parties!

I found these amazing tea sets via Sa Marraine La Fée. This is just the sort of thing that tickles my fancy! The first set was created by Yvonne Lee Schultz. The Porcelain Pistols are replicas of James Bond’s Walther PPK and its contemporary sister, the P99! It would be incredible if the pistols were actually sugar dispensers!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The second set is called the “Hybrid Tea Set”, designed by Ronit Baranga from Israel for the “Dining in 2015″ competition of designboom.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

9 comments:

Stella Dora von Swineburg said...

Wonderful! You find the most amazing things! Thank you for sharing!
Tecu'Mish

Uncommon Objects Blog said...

That Hybrid Tea Set is fantastic!!!
Love, love, love it.
xo.

Anonymous said...

Hmm.. I must say that Yvonne Lee's set strongly reminds me of Charles Krafft's Disasterware™ dishes.

I collected a few links in a post a year ago called "Porcellana Nervosa" (yep, it's in serious need of an update) and think you will find some inspiring links there.

Oh, and have you had a look at "Fragiles" by Gestalten? It's quite glorious, to say the least..

Lady Lavona said...

Wow Suzanne! Thanks for all the amazing links...so many wonderful artists I've never seen before!

Leila Marvel said...

Wow these are just amazing. I look forward to all that you share with us this year!

Marraine said...

Happy new year, Lady Lavona, may 2009 bring us many great inspirations like these!

sMacThoughts said...

My gosh, these are spectacular!

sMacThoughts said...

My gosh, these are spectacular!

Robin Richardson said...

This is a brilliant idea and so well executed. I'm glad you posted it