Thursday, April 30, 2009

Savage Salvation

My poor little etsy shop is so empty...I'll have some new goodies to list this weekend! Also, I've moved my medicine bags and other handmade jewelry to my NEW etsy shop, Savage Salvation! I'll be offering all handmade talismanic jewelry, medicine bags, and other accessories! I have some leather wrist cuffs in the works that I'm making from a vintage leather jacket. And tribal punk war bonnets and urban shaman headdresses! I have some great vintage stuff I'll be upcycling to make everything, like: black fox fur, magpie and crow feathers, black monkey fur...all kinds of great stuff! I don't even have a proper banner or avatar up yet...but I have to start somewhere! I listed some things you might have already seen and a couple new things! Check out this necklace I made...I've paired a little brass locket with a spent bullet casing that has been transformed into a pendant that now holds a healing quartz crystal! These were clearly inspired by Unearthen's fabulous line...but I can't afford to spend $300-$500, so I made one for for my sister, myself and a couple for the shop.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

4 comments:

Stella Dora von Swineburg said...

Lovely and beautifully made!

Poke Salad Annie said...

oooh, that necklace is lovely!

Penelope said...

Isn't it funny how ideas float around..? I cleaned out my collection jars a while back and found some spent bullet cases given to me by a friend years ago. I was going to turn them into pendants by adding 'innards' to them when I saw rackkandruin's necklaces on Etsy, and now you're here doing it and showing me others! Nothing new under the sun, eh? ;)

Courtney Brooke said...

heheh I have done the same thing, but I have also been using grasses and teeth.. ;)